Everything you need to know so you can use Zil like a pro. You can browse the questions below to find what you are looking for.
What is Zil?
Zil is a cloud-based bank that provides online banking services for your business needs.
What is a cloud-based bank?
A cloud-based bank utilizes advanced technologies to securely and efficiently deliver its services at your fingertips.
What do I need to access banking services with Zil?
You can access Zil using a compatible device and internet connection. A unique user id and password created by you while signing-up will give you access to banking services.
Can I open a checking account with Zil?
Yes, you can open an online checking account for your business needs. The checking account is free of initial charges, monthly fees, or hidden charges. And you don’t need to maintain a minimum balance.
Does Zil provide banking services for personal needs?
Yes. Zil provides banking services for personal and business needs.
Why should I opt for Zil over any other online banking service provider?
Zil provides a free online checking account for your business needs. You can sign up for online banking with Zil without any one-time charges or monthly fees. No hidden charges are applied, and no need to maintain a minimum balance.
Can I get a debit card for my checking account?
Yes, you can apply for a debit card after signing up with your details and Zil will send it to your mailing address. You can use this debit card for cash withdrawals, online and offline payments, and bill payments.
What is a virtual card?
A virtual card is the digital form of a debit card. You can get instant access to a virtual card as soon as you apply for it. Virtual cards can be used to shop online or pay at stores that accept Visa cards and have contactless payment options.
Why would I need multiple business accounts?
You can apply for multiple business accounts for different needs or stick to one account. For example, you can use one account for making payments, one for receiving, and one for loans.
Can non American citizens open an online checking account with Zil?
Yes. Non American citizens can open an online checking account with their passport and business details (EIN number is required).
What is an ACH payment?
ACH (Automated Clearing House) is a network for electronically moving money between bank accounts. Setting up a direct deposit can help you receive payments faster, and you can make hassle-free bill payments.
Time taken for debit card to reach the mailing address?
The debit card can reach your mailing address within 10 business days.
What is the use of 25 virtual cards?
25 Virtual cards can be used for different business needs. For example, employees from certain departments might need to make small purchases on a regular basis and these virtual cards could be of great help. You can even set the transaction limits on these cards.
What is the maximum cash withdrawal amount per day?
What is the maximum cash withdrawal amount per transaction?
What is the maximum cash withdrawal transactions per day?
How to add funds to cloud bank?
You can go to your external bank & send ACH to your Zil account. For now, you can fund your account via wire transfer, ACH & check deposit.
How to get virtual cards?
Go to CLOUD BANK
Select bank account & click MANAGE CARDS
Click New Card
Select Virtual Card
Provide card holder name, transaction limit, billing address, mailing address and click on SUBMIT
My transactions got declined while trying to fund into my PayPal or cash app using my Zilcard?
This transaction was declined as non-cash financial for funding service is not allowed. Basically, the card cannot be used to add funds to another wallet.
How I can receive payment in my Zil account?
You can receive payment either via ACH/Wire transfer either internationally or nationally. To get instructions click here
What is the debit card foreign transaction fees?
The fee is normally 1% from Visa. However, it can also vary from 1.5% to 3% if there is any other additional charges/mark up levied on top of this.
Can I use a virtual card to buy outside of the USA?
No, you can't.
What is the default account limit?
The default account limit is $10,000. If you need more, please call or chat with our customer support team.
When should one expect ACH cut-off times?
Same-Day ACH Cut-Off: 9:45 AM PST
Next-Day ACH Cut-Off: 2:45 PM PST
If you are receiving ACH Credit & Debit Transactions, we will ensure the funds are credited to and debited as soon as the RDFI receives the ACH instruction.
How does ACH Return work?
Filed by the RDFI, in the following scenarios:
- Not Sufficient Funds (NSF): If the bank account at the RDFI does not have sufficient funds to cover the debited amount, an automatic ACH Return is filed by the RDFI with the ODFI.
- Unauthorized Transaction: If the account holder at the RDFI requests a return to the payment due to an unauthorized ACH Debit transaction, an ACH Return is filed by the RDFI with the ODFI. Must receive the request to file the return within 24 hours.
- Incorrect Account: If the bank account at the RDFI is either invalid, closed, or does not exist, an automatic ACH Return is filed by the RDFI with the ODFI.
How does ACH Reversal work?
Filed by the ODFI, in the following scenarios:
- Incorrect Amount: If an incorrect dollar amount was credited to or debited from another bank account, then an attempt to reverse the transaction can be filed by the ODFI with the RDFI.
- Duplicate Transaction: If a duplicate of the same dollar amount was credited to or debited from another bank account, then an attempt to reverse the transaction can be filed by the ODFI with the RDFI.
- Incorrect Account: If the ODFI sends a payment to the wrong account, an ACH Reversal can be filed by the ODFI with the RDFI.
Why ACH Pull is disabled?
For now, the ACH pull is disabled by default. So you can’t connect external bank and pull funds directly from Zil App instead you can go to your external bank & send ACH to your Zil account. To get receiving instructions use click here
Which all are the Prohibited Countries, Products & Services?
Zil will not originate accounts, send/receive payments, or issue cards to persons or businesses from the countries/jurisdictions below:
- Central African Republic
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Russian Federation
- South Sudan
- Sudan and Darfur
- Ukraine including Luhansk and Donetsk
Zil will require enhanced due diligence (EDD), to originate accounts, send/receive payments or issue cards to persons or businesses from the countries/jurisdictions below:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Cote D’Ivoire
- Guinea Bissau
- Hong Kong
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Republic of South Africa (RSA)
- Sierra Leone
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- West Bank
- Western Sahara
Zil will not originate accounts, send/receive payments, or issue cards to persons or businesses that offer the below products and/or services related to the below categories including those deemed Illegal by any level of Government:
- Adult Entertainment Businesses
- Aircraft Dealers
- Bearer Shares
- Cannabis Oil/Products
- Choice of Law
- Currency Exchange Businesses
- e-cigarette Sales
- e-liquid Sales
- Encounter Groups/Clubs
- Escort Services
- Firearms & Ammunition Sales
- Fireworks Sales
- Gambling Establishments Express/Discover
- Marijuana or illicit Drugs
- Massage Parlors (not associated with salons/chiropractic care)
- Multiple Level Sales
- Nested MSBs/Nested Money Transmitters
- Nested Payment Processors
- Offshore Businesses
- Online Dating Services
- Products/services deemed illegal by any level of government
- Pseudo Products
- Pyramid Schemes
- Shell Corporations
- Tattoo Parlors
- Tax Anticipation Programs
- Tobacco Sales
- Transaction Types prohibited by Visa
- Unfair, Predatory, or Deceptive Practices/Goods
How can I update my Zil card pin number?
You can update your card pin number through ZilBank or ATM. To change your card pin number through ZilBank, go to the account management page and click on "Manage Cards." Then select "Update Pin" and reset your pin.