Nowadays, a lot of people bank digitally. This means they don’t use paper money as much. However, a lot of people still use checks. Check deposits can be made from anywhere using your mobile device or computer with Zil, the cloud-based banking platform. Everyone wants to cash or deposit a check as soon as possible after receiving it, and Zil is the easy way to do that. Zil offers a safe and convenient platform for businesses to receive payments through check deposits.
How to deposit a check?
There are several ways to deposit your check. You can go to the bank and do it in person. This is the old-fashioned way to do it, and it’s very simple. Just follow these three steps:
Deposit Check through Bank?
- Bring Your ID and Check to the Bank
- Endorse Check
- Present Your Check to the Banker
Deposit Check through ATM
You must first call your bank to check if their ATM accepts check deposits. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- You will need your ATM debit card, the check, and an envelope to deposit your check at the ATM.
- After inserting and typing your Pin, select the type of account you would like the amount to be deposited in. Most of the time, choose between a savings account or a checking account.
- Select the “Deposit” tab to deposit money out of the check in the envelope and put the envelope in the “Deposit” compartment of the ATM.
- Some ATMs can read the amount of the check you are depositing automatically. If your ATM cannot do this, you will have to enter the amount yourself. Make sure the amount you enter is correct.
- Take your debit card and the receipt your ATM will give you.
Deposit Check through App
Now you can Deposit a check from the comfort of your home and office with ease. Here’s what you need to do:
- Many banks have an official app you can download to your phone or other device and sign in.
- In the app, find an option called “Deposit Check.” Click on that.
- To endorse a check, sign your name on the back of the check like it is written on the front. Sign on the gray lines at the back too.
- You will need to take a picture of the front and back of the check. Make sure you have good lighting while doing this.
- You need to enter the amount of the check and your confirmation.
Check Deposit Vs Wire Transfer
A wire transfer allows sending money from one bank account to another electronically. A check deposit is another method to give the bank instructions to transfer money from the payor’s account to the payee’s or the payee’s account. Zil offers a safe and convenient platform for businesses to receive payments through check deposits and wire transfers.
How to Deposit Check on Zil?
- Step 1:Log in to your Zil account.
- Step 2: Select a business bank account and click the Receive Payment button. A drop-down menu will appear, and select the Check Deposit option from the menu.
- Step 3: Select the contact that sent you the check. Add the amount on the check, upload the front and back images of the check, and click submit.
- Step 4: Enter the OTP you receive through email or SMS.
After entering the OTP, your check will be deposited. It should take 3-5 business days for the funds to be available.
How long does a check take to deposit?
It usually takes 3-5 business days for the bank in Zil to verify the funds when you deposit a check. This is because the bank will need to verify the funds with the issuing bank before making them available for withdrawal.
More About Zil
Zil Money Corporation is a financial technology company that provides online banking and financial management services. You can find their banking service at Zilbank.com and their Fintech solutions at Onlinecheckwriter.com. Zil is not a bank. Zil Banking service technology is provided by Evolve Bank & Trust, which is an FDIC Member. The Evolve Bank issues the Zil visa card under a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Zil also offers free ACH and international wire transfers for Business checking accounts.
Zil provides a fee-free business checking account to meet all your business needs. Manage employee costs with customizable cards, manage paychecks, and manage invoices and bills using the platform. Also, design and print your business and personal checks instantly with Zil.
In conclusion, deposit a check with Zil in just a few clicks. Withdraw money, transfer funds, and more–all without leaving your home. Plus, because Zil is cloud-based, you can access your account from anywhere in the world. Ready to try out our banking service? Sign up now and get started!